Picture and recipe from AllDayIDreamAboutFood.com
Mia sent us this one with a couple of notes on some changes she made (her changes in red below. The original recipe comes from a website devoted to food that is both low-carb and gluten free. Check out All Day I Dream About Food, for this and other great recipes.
Yield: 16 servings
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener or granulated erythritol
- 3 large eggs
- 20 drops stevia extract
- 2 tbsp lime zest (Mia likes it better with Lemon Zest)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (Mia uses Lemon Juice instead of Lime)
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or powdered erythritol
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- For the loaves, preheat oven to 325F and butter 4 mini loaf pans very well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add granulated erythritol and beat until lighter and well-combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at time, scraping down beaters and sides of bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Beat in stevia extract and lime zest.
- Beat in half of the almond flour mixture, then beat in lime juice.
- Beat in remaining almond flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in chopped cranberries and divide among prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze,combine powdered erythritol and lime juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves.