Hero WOD 9:00AM
As many of us know, a horrible tragedy happened at Sandy Hook Elementary on Dec 14, 2012. In honor of the children and teachers, we will be doing a Hero WOD called ‘Victoria’ after Victoria Soto, a teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary who used her body to shield her students from the shooter and lost her life in the process.
On February 15, 2013, Soto and the other five adult teachers and administrators who were killed were posthumously awarded the Presidential Citizens Medal. The medal honors Americans who have performed “exemplary deeds of service” for their country or fellow citizens. The medal is commonly recognized as the government's second-highest civilian award.
5 Rounds for Time (Victoria was a teacher for 5 years)
– 10 Thrusters (95lbs/65lbs) (The tragedy happened in room 10)
– 14 Box Jumps (24/20) (Tragedy occurred on 12/14/12)
– 12 Power cleans or SDHP (95lbs/65lbs) (Tragedy occurred on 12/14/12)
– 12 Burpees (Tragedy occurred on 12/14/12)
– 27 KB Swings (53lbs/35lbs) (Victoria was only 27 years old)