We are fast approaching the CrossFit Games Season - which all begins with the CrossFit Open. The Open is basically a world-wide CrossFit competition in which 100's of thousands of CrossFitters just like you and I participate. It's pretty simple in design, each week on Thursday for 5 weeks CrossFit announces a workout that each participant must complete before Sunday. the workout has to be completed at an Affiliate and is scored by members who have taken an online judges course. You submit your score, I validate it and you are then ranked on the world-wide leader board.
Why do I think YOU should sign-up and participate? Here are a few reasons:
- It is FUN!
- It is a perfect way to test yourself and see how you stack up with others from around the world who are just like you.
- It will challenge you and help you step outside of your comfort zone.
- It is a great way to expose your weaknesses so that you can work on them to get better.
- It gives you something to look forward to each week - waiting to see what the world-wide workout will be. Every Thursday the gym will be buzzing in anticipation about what it could be, people will be texting each other, predictions will be made. You don't want to be left out do you?
- The excitement and camaraderie of doing the workout together and cheering each other on can't be beat.
- It gives you a little more accountability to be in the gym and get your work done.
And this year they have introduced a scaled division - so really the excuse of not being at the same level as the Games competitors really doesn't fly this year. This is a competition for EVERYONE.
Your should do it - challenge yourself - see what you are made of and don't miss out on a great experience.
Here is how CFB will be doing the Open this year. Every Saturday during the Open at 8am we will run through the workout in heats (depending on how many show up). You will have someone who will score the workout for you, count your reps and cheer you on. All you have to do is show up and do the workout. If you are signed up and for whatever reason you cannot make one of the Saturday mornings we will have judges you can arrange a time to meet and do the workout so you don't miss out that week (there will be a $10 fee for private judging times that will go to the judge who you schedule with).
We have been participating as a gym in the Open each year since the beginning of the Open concept and each year Shelby and I are amazed at some of the extraordinary things that members who say they aren't the competition type accomplish just by stepping outside their comfort zone and participating. You really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Here is the link to sign up on the CrossFit Games Website -->>Click here <<--. when you register be sure to indicate CrossFit Brownwood as your affiliate.
The first Open workout will be Saturday Feb. 28th. Really hope to see you there. More info will follow as we get closer - right now all you need to do is get registered and get excited!